RE: Losing? Don't look at Larry. He's only the coach.

You know, I keep hearing a lot of criticism of Bird's coaching, but isn't it
true that Indiana has played the best unselfish, team basketball in the NBA
since Bird arrived? I think he has something to do with that. He believes in
making the other team adjust to you -- something that used to be common (do
you think the '86 Celtics would have "gone small" without Parish or McHale
just because of matchups?) Everyone wants to run Pitino out of town because
he yells too much and wants too much control, but then you criticize Bird
for allowing his players to play and being confident that they were prepared
for these situations during practice.

I'm not saying Larry's blameless, but he's done a lot of good things there.

Mark

P.S. I look at this Pacers team and see the 1985 Celtics. Great talent, good
record, but something was missing. Hunger? Something.