Jersey and Johnny (Was Re: Jersey Red: Hardaway Not Coming; People Don't Want Mercer Traded)

> Subject: Re: Jersey Red: Hardaway Not Coming; People Don't Want Mercer Traded
> Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 12:54:34 -0300
> From: damekmo@teleport.com
> To: celtics@igtc.com

> A word of advice to all you young people out there: When you see "Jersey
> Red" in the subject heading, avert your eyes, pick up your rosaries, your
> prayer rugs, whatever, and step away from the light. It's an illusion. The
> Prince of Darkness is drawing you near. Be quiet! Listen! Do you hear the
> wailing and gnashing of teeth in the background?
>
> Anyway...how many times is this guy going to write about some shocking news
> he has coming up "next week?"
>
> Paul M.

Jersey promised three weeks ago to reveal whom the C's are interested
in.
I would hope he puts up or shuts up next week.  Any ways, Jersey was on
790 AM in Providence today for his regular Wednesday 3 - 6 P.M. shift,
and joining him was Celtics director of team services Johnny Joe Idaho
aka John Connor, and they were discussing players/veteran presences
they'd like to see on the C's.  Jersey was gung-ho about Jalen Rose;
Johnny shot him down saying the C's needed more of a veteran - Johnny
didn't think Jalen would provide the leadership the team needed.
Johnny (and there must be something in the Southeastern New England air
that causes all of these Pitino people to have wacky nicknames) wants
Brian Grant - Heh who can blame him.  But somehow I don't see Portland
taking Mercer for Grant, perhaps Walker, now that Wallace has blossomed.
Of course, the BSC stuff occludes the issue.  Any ways, Charles Oakley
was
mentioned too.  That's about all I heard with Jersey and Johnny....
Ray