Miami Heat- Mashburn, Mercer, Bowen

Hey all,

Okay so the scenario is - The Celtics have the probability of trading
Ron Mercer and losing or sign-and-trading Bruce Bowen. We also have a
injury-prone center who could help for about a fifth to a quarter of a
season...

The Miami Heat have exactly what we need - a rebounding defensive power
forward who doesn't need to score to be a presence. They an
underachieving small forward who they'd love to move and Pitino is the
only coach who would take him on.

We have what they need- a slashing off guard with the ability to become
a lower tiered All-Star.

If the Heat are to make an offer to the Celtics for Ron Mercer then I
see the only realistic trade that Pitino would accept being Ron Mercer,
Bruce Bowen (re-signed) and Pervis Ellison for P.J. Brown and Jamal
Mashburn.

Our lineup

C- Vitaly Potapenko - [free agent]
PF - PJ Brown - Tony Battie - Popeye Jones
SF - Antoine Walker - Walter McCarty
SG - Paul Pierce - Greg Minor
PG - Kenny Anderson - Dana Barros - Damon Jones

What do you think about that?

Warwick

P.S. Who would have thought that in the space of 6 months that Greg
Minor would have gone from untradeable to being a value for money
player??