Re: Louis Bullock

"Michael J.King Sr." wrote:

> At 09:05 PM 6/8/99 +0200, j.hironaka@unesco.org wrote:
>
> All I'll ask of you all is to apply your minds and stop equating Ron Mercer in NBA value/talent to my "homey"
> Antoine Walker, you big, smelly, mofo, punk, sucka', white boyz!  (okay fine, I know well that I sound like an ivy-educated Asian boy who wants to sound "black")
>
> What? I always assumed you were Irish!!  Erin Go Bro !!
> Later.Mike

For anyone who has spent time in Beantown, to be named an "Honorary Irishman" is about the highest complement one could receive.

Truly, that town can whipsaw you. As big a local Boston sports fan as I've been, I always knew well enough not to venture into any "Irish" looking sports pub, for the same reason you won't see any non-whiteboys appear in the old "Cheers"
television sitcom (a show that should at least be applauded for its "local flavor" realism). Back in the 1980's, any place outside of "Hahvard Square" felt as aggressively segregated as Johannesburg or Pretoria. My wife and I have been
back there since, and it does feels like times are changing.

I reassure my (foreign) wife that the only reason I still seem ambivalent about Boston (she, of course, finds the town "quaint" etc.)  is that I spent my school days there, and any guy who didn't feel alienated in highschool is either 1)
not a normal IQ, adult American, or 2) grew up to be the guy who collects our garbage each tuesday and thursday mornings.

Joseph O'Hironaka

N.B. Sorry, I plan to be more topical in my next post.

---------