Larry's done.

>This Pacer team is far from a Championship team anyway with
>Smits ailing and Miller sulking, let the Knicks annoy them. Since the Celts
>aren't in it I figure an East Coast, West Coast take all series is better
>off for basketball.

This Pacer team has been underachieving all year long. To continue the "Is
it my imagination?" theme: Is it my imagination, or have the Pacers had a
hard time holding on to a lead all year long? Even with Smits hurt, there's
no reason the Pacers should be losing to the Knicks. They're clearly the
better team. In any case, Smits played well enough yesterday. The
bottom-line, I'm afraid, is that VanGundy is clearly the better coach in
this series, and that's making a huge difference. Bird is leaving, if the
reports are correct, at the right time. There's no way he could ever coach
a youthful, rebuilding team. An "X's and O's Man," he's not.  And if the
Pacers don't get to the finals this year, it could be time for them to
start over.

Paul M.