time off

     I am going to be unsubscribing to this list for a week or ten days while
I go off on vacation to various scenic parts of Maine, far from my usual
haunts in Clipperland.  I just don't want 3,000,000 e-mails on trade rumors
in my inbox when I get home.
     Many parts of my daily routine I won't miss, but, believe it or not, I
will miss my daily fix of Celtics news.  Just don't make any trades without
my consent, or I might vote my ten shares against you.
     Finally, despite my earlier post, I would do the trade for Hardaway.  I
think he is a superb player and I would take the gamble that he will mature
sufficiently to use his talents productively for the team.  I was slighlty
concerned about "forcing" him to play a position he says he would prefer not
to play, although he can play it.  As some of you pointed out, that's
different from Travis, who was willing to play center but couldn't.
  - Doug