Re: This is the mentality of Celtics fans

The reason why fans always rip GMs so much for not making trades
is because they have no clue what is realistically available.
I'd rather send Mercer to San Antonio for three first rounders
and Tim Duncan but that's completely irrelevant.

Another point - Samaki Walker's second year stats compare favorably
with Tony Battie's second year stats (except shotblocking). They both
also played on teams with identical 19-31 records.

T Battie: 22.4 mpg, 6.7 ppg (51.9% fg), 6.0 rpg, 1.42 bpg
S Walker: 25.0 mpg, 8.9 ppg (48.6% fg), 7.4 rpg, 0.98 bpg

Admittedly Samaki regressed in his third year but that's the reason
that he's available, and probably he can be signed up long-term for
relatively cheap. But many people feel that Battie has great potential
beyond what his stats would indicate; perhaps Samaki is a similar type
of player.

With more minutes, he might be a 12 ppg, 10 rpg, 1.5 bpg performer
which in my mind is easily worth giving up Mercer for.

Alex