Re: Three way for Baker?

Bskball says the following: VINNY TO BOSTON STILL
ALIVE- Sources in Seattle say that Wally Walker is
stepping back from his comments about no sign and
trade for Vin Baker. Walker said that a number of
teams have presented offers to him, and that he is now
considering options if Vin were to indicate to him
that he wants to leave. The Boston Celtics have
contacted the Chicago Bulls in the last week to see if
they would consider a 3 way deal thast could include
Antoine Walker, although my Boston sources say it is
more likey to be Ron Mercer and Pervis Ellison, than
the reported Ellison, Walker package. The deal would
send Mercer and Ellison to Chicago, Toni Kukoc would
then go to Seattle, with Vin Baker coming to Boston. I
had heard as many as 3 Celtics could be headed out if
a deal can be made, you could also see Dana Barros
thrown into the deal for Seattle. This is an
unconfirmed rumor, given to me through sources close
to, but not in any of the teams. More as I get it.

Mercer and Ellison for Baker seems to good to be true,
but then Seattle trading Baker for Toni Kukoc also
seems ludicrous.  This has a funny smell too.  BTW,
May's remark about Battie seems totally stupid and
unfounded, and sounds like a flippant afterthought.