> i think the key is a post option that has an advantage everynight... now
> maybe i sound dumb but i think it's going to come in the form of paul
> pierce or ron mercer if he stays around.  if ron stays, the guy has a good
> height advantage over every 2 guard he matches up against... i don't see
> why he doens't take a page out of the jordan book!  and if he leaves paul
> will in all liklihood move down to 2 and he'll have that same post
> advantage if not better.  if either of them goes into the post you can free
> up walker to kind of roam and he likes that so... keep him happy.

Well, unfortunately being a shooting guard that is an inch or two taller
than average doesn't make you into a Jordan-type post up threat. I don't
think Ron has the strength that Jordan did, and he hasn't developed
that consistent turnaround fallaway jumper that Jordan used effectively
as a post weapon. I like the idea of posting up Pierce more though.

Actually, Pierce could take a page from Jordan's book. Jordan said
that averaging 32 ppg was easy - eight points per quarter, or three field
goals and two free throws. Pierce has shown the ability to score points
in bunches when necessary. If he can involve himself in the offense more
consistently throughout the game, he could be one of the game's best
scorers.

Alex