Re: Tony Battie

Looks like he will have to with the amount of fouls that VP accumulates.
:-)

Still following the ongoing saga of the Ron Mercer signing/trading.  Seems
like only yesterday when he was being praised for leading the C's during
practice sessions while the players were locked out last year.  Now because
he isn't he best in the league at his position, as if other Celts are, he
should be traded for a bag of chips and a napkin.

There have been comparisons between him and other players who have blossomed
as they matured, but we don't wanna give him time to grow because of the
salary factor.  I would agree, but only if his request is COMPLETELY
UNREASONABLE!!  Remember, he is a player who should be entering the NBA this
year, yet has shown flashes of brilliance at times, and subpar play at other
times.  I suspect there are others his age who have similar lapses,
including Vince Carter who wasn't needed to help rebound like Mercer, since
he had the likes of Willis and Oakley for that purpose.  Vince had one
responsibility, which was scoring, and he did it well.  Mercer is a good
player and is more well rounded then he normally gets credit for, as a
player at this stage in his career.

BTW, wondering about why we aren't trying to give up Kenny for Eric Snow and
Theo Ratliff?

Cecil (Back to lurking mode)