Re: C's Not Making A Favorable Impression

In a message dated 7/19/99 5:48:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
wayray@ix.netcom.com writes:

>  In Boston Sports Guy's poll of least favorite Boston athlete,
>  three Celtics placed 2, 3, and 4.  The Patriots Chris Canty
>  was numero uno, but coming up fast were No. 2 Kenny Anderson;
>  No. 3 Pervis Ellison and No. 4 Antoine Walker. I cast my vote for
>  Pervis, and  was surprised he wasn't lapping the field....
>  Ray

    I don't follow football, so can't comment on Canty.  (heh heh)  Anderson
is fair game, although I happen to think he is a comptent point guard.  Are
there better ones?  Sure.  But do I give him up for a free agent or CBA star?
 Nope.
    But I do take issue with the listing of Pervis.  First, he didn't force
the Celtics to sign him with his history of injuries.  (Siging him was
probably screwup #1 of all the ML/Pitino moves.)  Second, when he has been
healthy he has had very good games for the Celtics and his other teams.
Third, there is no rumor that I know of that he is a malingerer.  And
finally, I read some pieces in the last two years that he is among the most
popular people on the team and valued for his leadership and personality by
the rest of the team when he is around.  Aside from having a frail physique
or legs, what has he done to earn enmity?
   Does Pervis play tennis?