Fila Friday Fest

Did anyone see the Laker /Celtic summer game last night  What an old
fashioned butt kicking. Most people, including myself, left at the end of 3
Qtrs with the Celtics up something like 95 to 62 .  Unless they lost this
lead in the 4th, the C's are 5-0 in the League the Lakers 1-4.

Ron Mercer & Walter Mccarty in attendance, but not playing I spoke to Ron
and by his tone it did not seem like he expected to be back, and was
wearing his No Limit 99 threads.

Unless we get a proven big man do not trade Tony Battie. He was awesome
last night on the receiver end of about 5-6 awesome dunks, blocking shots
and really showing Jerry West his trade for Knight was a mistake as Travis
was his usual invisible self.  Pierce even dunked on him late in the 3rd.
 Although this was a blow out no one other than Tony & Paul Pierce really
looked to have great potential.  Adrian Griffin is a real scrapper who
plays real hard,  as did Wayne Turner, but nobody in this game showed any
real outside offensive scoring ability.  Clack looks more like a bulky 3
than a 2. I am still surprised not seeing Damon Jones, he still seem to
provide the point & outside shooting ability more than Turner or Kevin
Ollie although Ollie did not look to bad either, and is not afraid of
taking it to the hoop.

VP played and still has some work, He was getting beat on the inside by a
big slow one legged, Seth Sundberg, but did show some extremely quick low
post spin moves for his size, although he did not make the baskets, they
looked good !  They should get Walton or some other big man to work on his
foot work and positioning, I think the talent is there to be a decent low
post player.

The Laker fans were not too happy, and as one person stated this is 4
quarters of garbage time, which kind of summed up the game.