Brief News - Celtics Stuff

Antoine Walker missed a flight and missed out -- I'm sure
Michael Holley will have a good explanation -- on the Kentucky
1996 vs 1998 alumni game. Wayne Turner was also absent as he's
out in Calfiornia with the C's Summer League team.  Mercer
was there and had 24 and the game ended with both teams tied
at 130. Now if they could transfer some of that offensive enthusiasm
to the NBA...

Lou Wright, the 6-6 shooting guard brother of Lorenzen Wright,
told Mike Decourcy that his elder brother may sign with the
Lakers....

Adrian Griffin: The next Darrell Armstrong?

As already noted, the Celtics have invited CBA 5-time
Player of the Week, Regular Season and Finals MVP
Adrian Griffin to participate on their Summer League team.
Griffin is a 6-6 guard who toiled for St. Johns and the
CBA's Connecticut Pride. He averaged 18.9 points, 7.6 rebounds,
.490 FG %, 3.4 assists, 2.2 steals and is a real good free
throw shooter at .851.  Not much of a three-point threat at
26.9 % however.

Right now, I would think he has a better shot of making the C's
than Clack Attack. Seems to be a more well-rounded player...
Ray