Baker for Mercer?

Just a question:

Is there anyway we could package Ron Mercer and others for Baker?
We could sign Mercer to the Max and then trade him.  Mercer and who else
though?  Battie? McCarty?
I would love to pull that kind of deal off.

Maybe there is someway we could get him without giving up Walker.  If that
were the case, I would be all for it. If he has been quoted saying that he'd
like to play for the Celtics, was that before or after Pitino was hired?  If
it was after, wouldn't he already realize what he would be getting into?

Here would be the new lineup:

Center-Potapenko
PF-Baker
SF-Walker
SG-Pierce
PG-Anderson/Barros

Doing a deal like this would let Walker play the position he wants, Small
Forward.  Baker is 6'11"
The question here is "Will Pierce play as well at Shooting Guard as he did
at Small Forward?"
There have been questions about his quickness and ball-handling.  But with 3
bigtime player (Baker, Walker Pierce) would there be any conflicts on who's
the man of the team?  If they could all get along and know their roles like
the Portland TrailBlazers, we could have something here.

Before anyone comes attacking me on this one, I know that Seattle would
probably never agree to a deal with Baker if it didn't involve Walker.  I
also know you're saying to yourself, Baker and Walker give the team one of
the alltime worst free-throw shooting duos.  I bet Andy Enfield can bring
Walker's percentage up to about 71%.  Maybe he can do the same with Baker.

Just something to think about!

Josh Farber