I have another question; Which I answer because it's slow and hot.

>There may be some news tomorrow through Friday, since the Rookie/Free
>agent
>camp will be in session.

Anopther question for you guys. If by some twist of fate and draft luck the
Celtics got Walker and Abdur-Rahim, do you think Walker would suffice at
the 4 with Potapenko at center? I'm particularly asking those of us on the
list who think Walker is in reality a 3 playing out of position. What I'm
asking is, would Shareef's size at the 3 make up for Walker's lack of size
at the 4? I think if the Grizz had Antoine they wouldn't be begging for PJ
Brown right now. Now...putting aside contract rules, if Pitino offered
Pierce for Abdur-Rahim right now, the Grizz would never do it. Putting
aside contracts, if the Mavs wanted to trade Finley for Pierce, I think
Pitino would be nuts not to jump at it. Pierce is "untradeable" because he
has talent on the cheap for three years, that is, he's not a salary cap
killer, with "some" upside, who can, right now drain the three. There are
any number of threes in the league better than Pierce and if he doesn't
live up to his potential, we're soon complaining about a Ron Mercer-like
one-dimensional talent. Concerning his "upside," I think it's certainly
questionable whether Pierce lives up to the potential realized by players
like Finley, Abdur-Rahim and, to be honest, Carter. Having said that, and
if you agree, then Pierce for Odom is simply a no-brainer. You get more
upside at two positions - Odom projects to be a better 3 and 2 than Pierce
- for the same amount of money...you make it possible for Antoine to play
the four and if not then you have Walker at his natural 3 and Odom - if
Steve smith can do it, Odom can - at the 2. Odom could very well be
Abdur-Rahim who can pass, put it on the floor, with a real outside game. I
think Odom and Walker would suffice at the forwards. I also think that Odom
would make it possible to win with less than a "great" point guard. If Odom
has one proven flaw in his game, it's that he's "too" unselfish. If I'm
Pitino....I'd do it...and I think the Clips would fall for it. Back to
work.

Paul M.