Re: MERCER

Sure, Pitino wants to keep Mercer and Battie for another year, because no
one wants them. If we can package Mercer and Anderson for a durable point
and or a power forward, I would take my chances of Mercer playing against
us. Let's see, game coming down to the last seconds, Mercer takes the shot,
CLANG...............

At 12:41 PM 7/4/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I have to agree with Hart.  We don't need to trade Mercer, who IMO would
come back to haunt us someday as he develops.  He just might come up with a
three point shot, but what he does is fine with me.    Every player has
certain things they do well, and unless it's a blockbuster trade where the
Celts get something really terrific, why do it?  I like the news about
Pitino keeping both he and Battie for another year - after all, folks,
Mercer has only been in the league for two years.  We heard that about
Walker, but Mercer isn't given the same consideration?  I am a believer in
chemistry - and if you do too much trading with this team we're back to
square one.

>Want to wish each and every one of you a very happy and safe Independence
Day.