who has talent; who wants to win

seems that excluding the youth & inexpierence, the C's have better talent than many teams. it will only get better with the right approach (Pitino the man?) playing time & coaching. why is that all the other teams have so much better talent that they are (?) willing to part with & so successful that the NBA basketball has become a drag. most all teams do the same thing, with a very few top notch coaches & many marginal coaches. why are we so eager to try to get someone's else's crappy players; we have enough of our own. the Len Bias & Mchale/Parish trades are a thing of the past. except a very high draft choice or a real luck in player judgement, our best bet is to fortify what we have via free agent.
the rules have changed & getting the player who wants to win is critical. you cannot make that judgement very well with rookies. what is Francis' top priority from the expression on his face draft nite?
have a great day everyone. TT