Re: Pitino's influence (was Re: Mercer for Shandon and Quincy Lewis...)

Hey KK,

Are you forgetting that we did not draft Tony Battie? - You said 'anyone could have
drafted Tony Battie'.

I honestly dont believe you can blame him for the regression of the aformentioned
players; how many teams had players who suffered badly directly due to the NBA
lockout? I can name every team that had at least one player that suffered;
unfortunately it were our three stars but they all had their reasons and mostly it was
due to injuries.

The Celts may have been deliberately losing games prior to the acquistion of Rick
Pitino, but, it wasn't just that one season that the Celtics were headed in the right
way, it was before that point as well.

Warwick