Re: I'm Rooting For Kris Kross

Way Of The Ray wrote:

>PS: Callahan and Dennis on WEEI are bashing the C's for giving
>up the eighth pick for Potapenko and losing out on Miller....
>
> WEEI's Glenn Ordway has weighed in with his official pronouncement
> on the Celtics' 55th pick, chances of making the NBA: "He has no
> shot!" He also said Wayne Turner might have a three or four year
> NBA career playing eight minutes a game....

Well, the Ordways, Callahans, Mays, and other media scoundrels can stuff
their pronouncements where the sun don't shine. While nobody *really* knows
how a player will pan out, I'd weigh Layden's or Blake's opinions a helluva
lot more - this is their job, and at least they have enjoyed a modicum of
success identifying NBA talent. Meanwhile, the sole skill of yahoos like
Callahan et al. is bashing people. A prudent person would at least wait to
see a less-known player play a game or two; even RP, realizing he didn't
know much about Clack, let Wallace handle the decision. Do you think Ordway
has stayed up late watching Kris Clack tapes? This morning was probably the
first time he'd heard of the guy. How many times do you think Callahan has
seen Potapenko play? Does he have any idea how rare decent centers are?
The sad part is, this type of "journalism" seems to advance careers:
Callahan went from the Herald to SI, May from the Hartford  Courant to the
Globe, and so on.
I say, give Kris a chance...