predictions

    For no apparent reason, I am keeping track of the predictions, but welcome
others to do so.  But since I first posed the query, some rules (already
passed on to a couple of members):
    1.  No "ifs:"  how many wins?  NOT "26 if this happens, 29 if that
happens" and the like.  Pick a number and stand up for it! Be proud!
     2.  Additional specific predictions act as tiebreakers.  I.e., if two
folk say 30 wins and one picks Pierce as ROY and he is ROY, then that person
wins.  Same for playoffs.  But predictions must be specific.
    3.  The prize: is fantastic beyond your wildest dreams.  Wealth.  Fame.
Joy.  Eternal reverence from other list members.  Right.
    4.  Entries due before first regular season game.  (Which is when...?)
    As of 8 PM PT (11 ET) 1/31, the optimist is Snoopy at 40, the pessimist
Paul M. at 24.  4 vote Pierce ROY.  Once the voting closes, I'll hire an
actuary and do a spreadsheet or something.

-- Doug in LA