Re: Center

>>> "Shawn Roth" <ufpdev!shawnr@uunet.uu.net> 01/26/99 01:16pm
>>>I would be very happy with Evan in a C's uniform

Shawn Roth <<<

Ditto.  I've seen this guy on TV, and he's a very capable one-man gang.
Not the prototypical decent player on a crappy team who benefits with
inflated stats since his teammates are so poor, either.  This guy actually
makes Northwestern a threat to win every game.

I agree with Shawn's assessment of his skills--strong rebounder, nice
low post game, decent size (6-11, probably weighs about 250).  I see
this guy as a deluxe version of Michael Doleac (first round pick of
Orlando in 1998).

However, if there's one deficiency, it's in the footspeed department (a
minor shortcoming, at worst).  Meaning that I'm not sure if he's the best fit
for Pitino defense, which at least on paper requires a runner / rejector to
anchor the press.

I don't expect him to be around past the 4th or 5th pick, so if the C's do
make the playoffs, kiss Evan Eschmeyer goodbye.

Ryan