Re: The free practice at the Fleetcenter. Watch out for Dana!

I was at the Fleet for the practice as well and it was a good time as
mentioned.  A couple notes of mine,

1. Dana did look great.  He had the stroke going as well as making some
great up an' under baskets.

2. I think Mercer is the true captain of this team, he is respectful and
respected by his teammates.

3. The reports of Walker's new found maturity are premature at best.  I
saw Walker "take down" Bowen under the basket.  It was a classic case of
tired/lazy defense.  It was also, IMO, done at the expense of a
potential injury to a teammate.  In all deference to Kim M's opinion. I
thought Walker's behavior was disgraceful for a teammate let alone a
Captain.

4. The poster that was given out for free by the Celts had Walker,
Mercer, Pierce and Anderson on it.  Maybe Pierce is going to stay after
all.

5. Pierce looked good on the court and seemed excited to be a Celtic.  A
good sign.

6. Dwayne S. if he ever gets into playing shape could help down the
road.  He seemed to have some skills with the ball and appeared able to
leap (?) from under the basket to dunk without trouble.  However the
Celtics didn't have anyone tall enough to guard him in the light
scrimmage.  I don't think anyone will mistake him for an all star
center, however.

7. All the players need some work to get into playing shape as well as
getting their timing down.  The play was sloppy at best.  Thoughts of
going anywhere in the playoffs this year should be taken with a grain of
salt.  Until Mercer and Pierce get some more seasoning and Walker some
more maturity/team leadership skills it won't happen.  But should be a
fun team to watch as they grow up!

7. Pitino knows how to put on a show.  He was masterful.  From giving
away free tickets to the kids to his running commentary to his "team
picture" with all the kid's under 7 years old with all the players at
center court and his constant reference to "our young Celtic's"
(referring to the kid's in the audience), free posters and media
guides.  He also had the players greet the fans at the turnstiles to the
Fleet Center.  The Celtics are fortunate to have him.  This fan friendly
approach could go a long way if it continues.

Well just my thoughts of the first Celtic's basketball I've seen this
year.
<Jim