Re: BACKHAUL?

At 08:34 1/24/99 , Dorine wrote:

> Hi!
>     How on earth do you get a backhaul for a BUD dish from a channel that
> isn't on satellite?  Would this be because of the NBA package?  I admit I'm
> stumped.

Easy. The game is in Toronto  and is being shown in Boston. The signal has to
be conveyed and the  modes used by most sports outlets are C-Band , KU-Band
,Microwave and Fiber Optic or Phone Lines. As you know most regular season
broadcasts of the Major Leagues are now scrambled or sent Fiber and unavailable
to us peons. It is so they can sell their Channels and specialty packages much
easier. The mandated encryption of signals is usually pretty lenient in the
Preseason in all sports and the NBA is no exception. Remember last PreSeason
when TV-38 started a Celts game then went to the Bruins game and then showed
the rest of the C;s after the hockey game? Another Pre-Season game was shown
totally tape delayed after the Bruins game. Anyway I was able to watch both
games live by taking advantage of the backhaul being fed to the station and
using my KU system  on T5 ku. Now Channel 68 may use fiber optics and we will
get no feed but in the past when showing Red Sox exhibition games they utilized
KU to send the feeds back to Boston from Ft.Myers. Hope that helps!! If you
need more info E me. Later.Mike