Re: Bulpett: Schintzius Feels he Can Be A Great Player

damekmo@teleport.com wrote:

> >                  BOSTON HERALD
> >
> >                  Schintzius buy's Rick's optimism
> >                  Celtics Notebook/by Steve Bulpett
> >
> >                  Friday, January 22, 1999
> >

> >                  Buoyed by the free agent pitch of Rick Pitino, Schintzius
> >                  insists he's prepared to achieve what has eluded him since
> >                  being a first-round pick of San Antonio in 1990. ``He said
> >                  if I come in here and give him 100 percent that I can be a
> >                  great player in this league. And I feel that,'' the
> >                  7-foot-3, 255-pound Goliath said. ``I've got all the
> >                  skills. Everybody's said that all along. If I can just
> >                  stay injury free and just really work hard, which I plan
> >                  on doing, you know, the sky's the limit.
>
> Are these prescription drugs Pitino's handing out?
>
> Paul M.

The few times I watched Schintzius play in the NBA, I thought he showed
an impressive game.  When he was first drafted, I was interested because
I briefly dated a girl from his hometown of Brandon, Fla., back in the
'80's. Then he kind of disappeared (Dwayne, that is...well the girl,
too...but not with him.).

I'm looking forward to see if he can still compete for some kind of
role.

Dan Butts