Reality This is what we have

First let me just say that baring any Pitino trade this is the way the
season will start.

Andrew DeClercq
Tony Battie
Dwayne Schintzius

PF
Antoine Walker
Popeye Jones

SF
Paul Pierce
Walter McCarty

SG
Ron Mercer
Bruce Bowen
Greg Minor

PG
Kenny Anderson
Dana Barros
Marlon Garnett

     I know many people will be disappointed to see Andrew DeClercq
starting at the center position again after all we tried to do to
bring in a new person for the starting role.  But, don't fear I can't
say that DeClercq is my dream center, however he did do a heck of a
job.  Better in fact than I think most of us would have ever thought
of him doing.  There is even better news!  Pitino has brought in some
hope.  Tony Battie was a big disappointment last year.  But, I think
we all know that he could really be a great player in the NBA.  To
trade Travis for just that chance is something I think any basketball
coach would have done.  So he may be starting at the center position
sooner than we think.  Ok now down to Mr. Schintzius.  Forget about
offence.  If this guy just runs the floor and stays active.  Kind of
like Andrew I think this man was worth bringing in.  Let’s wait and
see on that. You have to love our situation at the power forward spot.
 Antoine is Antoine, but to have a guy like Jones behind him will
really help this season.  Jones is a guy who can defend and score when
needed.  And, you can always count on him getting follow-up buckets
every game.  Now if you like our power forward position your really
going to like our small forward position.  Their is no doubt that I
think Paul Pierce is going to win this starting spot in the end, but
Walter isn't going to let it go without a fight.  Pierce should be
fabulous, and having Walter right behind him really gives us depth at
that position.  At the small forward position there is no doubt Mercer
will be starting there.  But, who is going to play behind him.  Will
Pitino go for the defensive stopper in Bruce Bowen or will he go with
someone more well rounded at least at the offensive end in Greg Minor.
 Don't be surprised if this is a nightly decision.  Love Kenny at the
point.  Danna could be the best backup point guard in the league.
However he is definitely the most over paid point guard in the league.
 I don't know much about Marlon Garnett but he may end up being our
backup point guard.  I heard a rumor that Dana may be playing backup
to Mercer.  Pitino wants even more offence at that spot and he wants a
real backup point guard with point guard skills.  That only leaves on
problem.  What do we do with Bowen and Minor.  I think Dana will be
playing point.

Over all don't be to down about our position.  We have a chance to
have Kenny for a full season.  Well full 50 game season.  We get our
first look at Paul Pierce, and we have a few different options,
including Popeye at the center position.

Over all we couldn't have had a much better off-season.
Ohh did I forget to mention that it's nice to know that Antione is
staying.  That helps to.  :)

Jason

==
IF YOU BLEED GREEN PLEASE COME TO