Stewart and Center by Committee

I hope Stewart enjoys life in Toronto. They landed Dean Garrett today also so
he will be competing with him, Oakley, Willis and who knows who else for
playing time (don't they have John Thomas also?).

While we don't have a legit starting center, we do have an interesting
combination of bodies to share time there with DQ, Battie, Popeye, &
Schintzius. It's going to be a fun season anyway. Did any of us think that ANY
of the free agent centers would have made us the 99 champs? Let all these
teams commit $7-9 million per to guys like Geiger, Ratcliff, Dudley, Coleman.
At this rate we will be the only ones with any cap space in a couple of years
when we get out from some of the deadwood contracts.

George