fellowship of the miserable

Not landing Michael Stewart is somewhat disappointing. But come on,
the guy wasn't THAT great, which is the reason he is affordable in
this crazy market for centers. If the Celtics are really as bad as
feared this year, they'll have a chance at drafting a better center
than Stewart in the first round next year. Players like Dampier and
Ilgauskas were each taken in the middle-to-late first round.

I have a feeling that the Celtics will be significantly better than
last year, just from having more experience and adding a healthy
Anderson and Pierce. If either Popeye or Battie is actually capable of
playing center better than DeClercq, they'll be in good shape.

I can see why Pitino calls sports fans the fellowship of the miserable
because it seems many of us are lamenting potential trades that may
not have a shred of truth to them. Let's wait for Pitino to actually
make a dumb trade before we castigate him.

Alex