Travis Siting

Hi All,
Just in case there was any doubt about the trade, read these excerpts from
the LA Times. The entire article is much bigger, but I pulled out only the
lines of interest to us.
Roger

Lakers' puzzle taking shape
JANUARY 20, 1999

by TIM KAWAKAMI  Los Angeles Times

Travis Knight, not yet officially reacquired, appeared for the workout,
joining all 11 of the signed or drafted Lakers.
Knight, meanwhile, drew raves about his play in the workout from Jones and
relished his return to the Lakers -- in a trade for Tony Battie
</nba/players/3176/index.html> that will be announced today -- a year after
signing a $22-million free-agent deal with the Boston Celtics
</nba/teams/celtics/index.html>.
"Funny how things work out," said Knight, who played his rookie season with
the Lakers but was prevented from signing a lucrative deal in L.A. because
of salary-cap restrictions. "I can't complain at all. I don't regret my
decision, and even if I would've stayed in Boston, I wouldn't regret my
decision.
"When I left (L.A.) I didn't think I would (return). That's why the decision
was so hard for me."
The Lakers have made no solid lineup decisions, other than that O'Neal is
their starting center, and Knight said nothing has been promised to him.
"I'm just going to try to plug some holes, some gaps they had," Knight said.
"Whatever Coach wants to do is fine with me."
Top of Form 1
 <<...>>
Bottom of Form 1