Re: Pitino has last laugh

>HA HA Paul M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>If Pitino makes this Knight for Battie deal, even you will have to admit that
>Pitino is a STINKING GENIUS!!!!!!!! There still might be a little room on the
>bandwagon for the slow learners....<VBG>
>
>Ha Ha. Pitino stole West's Banana Boy and now West wants him back. STEALING
>FROM THE MASTER!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>WWHHHHHHHOOOOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>
>DJessen33

I have to admit (I'm really beginning to think it may be something I ate.)
Pitino continues to work his way out of the holes he digs for himself.
Yes...this deal makes sense. I never liked Banana Boy(?). While he may have
played all right (at best) before he was hurt, he is nothing but a frail
mediocre back-up power forward/center with limited abilities. Big deal.
Now....is El Busto (I'll give you Banana Boy if you give me that one.)
anything more? Your guess is as good as mine, but perhaps Dan Issel's and
Jerry West's is better. What El Busto does have going for himself is his
athleticism and his contract. Just because he's athletic and tall doesn't
mean he's going to be an effective starter or back-up at center and/or
power forward. But his athleticism does, I think, mean he's better suited
for Pitino-ball than Travis.  His contract however makes it possible to
kiss the mediocre stiff (If that's what he turns out to be.) bye bye at the
end of next year. If El Busto turns out to be an effective player...it's
all good. It's a good move, don't get me wrong...but in terms of
talent/wins, I'm not jumping for joy. Concerning Pitino as "genius," I'll
feel much better about admitting to this one when when he finally comes out
and says, "Jamal Mashburn!?! Are you nuts?!?" But so far,  Pitino's aces in
my book.

One last thing. A small rant...I beg your forgiveness. I always try to
remind myself that this isn't the Clippers mailing list, and lately, it's
gotten easier and easier. The minute they hired Chris Ford I was reminded
that the Celtics are light years ahead of that organization. But today I
come home from work and read about the staggeringly talented Dwayne
Schintzius. I thought at first that this must be some sort of cruel/sick
joke because the Dwayne Schintzius I remember had zero upside and was given
plenty of time to prove it...and he did...because it's true...he's a proven
worthless stiff. Zero...nothing...worthless. Not worth mentioning. I can
only think that we've reached a new low when we actually discuss the
possibility of Dwayne Schintzius helping this team. I thought the whole
point of the lockout was keep people like Dwayne Schintzius away from the
owners' money. What's the NBA minimum? The team would be better off finding
the worst center in the CBA and giving it to him. More NBA
ability...guaranteed. How long does somebody need to play, how many chances
does somebody get before it's safe to say, "Look, for whatever reason, he's
proven he can't play in the NBA. He's a certifiable stiff." So as of today,
the Celtics centers are Battie (more a power forward and back-up center but
perhaps he'll do in a pinch), Declercq (Bill Russell compared to DS), and
Popeye Jones (definite pf and perhaps back-up center for a few minutes at
best and probably not a very effective one, but it's at least debateable).
If the team signs Dwayne Schintzius, they'd still need to find someone to
come off the bench as their fourth center (and twelfth man).

But....I still feel really good about this team. I may become a believer in
Pitino yet.

Paul M.