Re: Larry Bird on Jordan being greatest ever

Just came across this.  Certainly LB was thinking of Magic when he
said that.  I wish someone would come out and make a distinction
between dominant star/individual performer and BASKETBALL PLAYER,
which is to say, player of the team game of basketball.  Neither Larry
nor Magic nor Russell can touch MJ as an individual performer or
superstar, but his game clearly was two dimension for all its
grandeur.  You have to give him his "greatest of all time" medal, as
Cousy and Red have done, but you don't have to say that he did the
same thing Bird, Magic, and Russell did for a living.