Re: It's Pitino's Call

Why should teams sign players a year ahead of free agency anymore?
Walker's salary is capped and it doesn't matter if he signs now or next
year.  Actually, he will make more by waiting a year to sign.  It
certainly would give the Celtics more cap flexibility.  I hope this
change puts an end to the practice of players demanding extensions ahead
of free agency.

Jim