Re: Ira Winderman: Is the Vote Legit?

Also, who's going to pay for them to get there?  Not an issue for the
Falk clients who will vote against the league, but it could keep some of
the fringe players from making it.  Have you heard if this will be a
secret ballot?  Given this union's history of suppressing the dissenting
opinion, that could also make a difference.

NBA.com has a full transcript of the latest Stern/Granick press
conference.  I'm having second thoughts about what I said yesterday (ie.
that Stern has what he wants and is now just squeezing out all he can).
It's interesting reading and talks a lot about what might happen if the
season is cancelled.  Basically, the league goes into planning mode for
1999-2000, including looking for a new source of players.

Here's a thought.  Both sides are going to vote tomorrow on the other's
proposals.  What happens if they both vote to accept?

Jim