STERN ON ESPN

    Watching Stern on Sportscenter tonight, we got the impression he's not
giving an inch. David Aldridg interviewed him; he said they are not close,
they are far apart.
    Reading all these articles you find yourself wondering who's telling the
truth, or if there is a truth.  There is certainly no escaping the fact that
all the main voices for the Union are Falk's clients.  That, all by itself,
is enough to make me mistrust the Union's ramblings, and I'm sorry, but
bringing Civil Rights into it is ridiculous IMO.  Falk's clients and their
stupid statements have turned me off completely.  They've made the players
look bad all by themselves.
    Ewing and Hunter are going to be on Larry King Live tonight.  I usually
don't watch that, but am going to watch this - and try not to throw up.  The
Union didn't show alot of judgement electing those guys to represent them.
There are some very well spoken, reasonable players in the NBA who could
have done a far superior job to the one these guys have done.  So, let them
start a new league.  If the NBA still exists and has the same teams, I'll
still watch the Celtics, even with a new team.  I'll never watch a league
headed by Falk.
    I'll get down off my soapbox now.  :)

Dorine