Re: David Robinson To The Celtics Rumors

>Apparently his back hasn't prevented him from playing in
>all thirteen of the Spurs games.  He's averaging: 15.7 points,
>9.9 rebounds, 2.2 assists, and 3.0 blocks a game.  Obviously age and
>injuries are factors you have to consider when making a trade for an
>older veteran, but one of these day, Pitino is going to pull the trigger
>on a deal for a quality center.
>MG

Those are nice numbers but it doesn't hurt that he's playing alongside
Duncan. We've all seen the guy play this year. He's on the downside of his
career, and playing for Pitino, the way Pitino wants to play, isn't going
to reverse the slide. If I'm gm for the Spurs, I'm on the phone every day
(to Pitino three times a week) trying to trade Robinson, because every time
he misses a game because of injury, and he will, the red flag gets raised
higher and higher until even guys like Don Nelson can see it. Now, I
thought about writing a post comparing Pitino to Nelson, but...that's going
a little far. I agree, one day Pitino will make a deal for a big man. My
guess is that it's going to be for someone like Dampier, not Robinson. By
the way...I fully expected the Celtics to lose that lead coming out of the
half last night...but...very impressive third quarter. The Knicks were
tired? Screw'em...everybody's tired. I'm tired. Bill Clinton must be
exhausted. Now, if the Celtics (Are they tired?) can figure out how to beat
the Nets tonight, I'll even give up this incessant, mind numbing, Pitino
bashing. Well.....

Paul M.