Re: wow!!!

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Jim Meninno wrote:

> I keep hearing comments on the list about Dee Brown's rookie season.  As
> far as I can remember, the most memorable thing about it was that he won
> the slam dunk contest.  He didn't play all that much (23.7 mpg) and he
> didn't put up eye-popping numbers either (8.7 ppg). You do realize he
> joined the league in 1990, and was around for 5 years at the time of
> Dream Team II, right?

After Dream Team I was announced in 1992 and Dee Brown was not on it,
there was talk about him possibly developing into a player who could make
Dream Team II in 1996.  I guess that would have been after his second
year.  Do you remember when he used to have Iverson like athletic
ability?  I know "there was talk" is a little vague, but it was a long
time ago.  My point is that it was probably said by the same people who
are calling Pierce a potential hall of famer and the next Havlicek after
only eight games.

Jeremy