Re: The Riley Wiggle

I saw that Riley wiggle too.  Tommy and Mike didn't comment, but I was
beaming.  What I loved most about this game was that it made me feel
like a freakin' genius.  First I dog Peter May for missing the
centrality of Kenny's bad play, and it appears in the globe the next
day.  Then I write about our slowed-down offense, and Tommy H.
addresses it throughout the show.  And now this from today's globe.

Anderson emerged from those practices energized. ''I was just dragging
up the court before,'' he said. ''I wasn't pushing the ball or
nothing.''

Ah, I know, kenny, I know.  Now we have to see if we can run like this
when the other team actually scores some points.

---Jim Meninno  wrote:

> Anyone catch Eric Riley giving a mini Walker wiggle after a dunk in
the
> fourth quarter?  The camera only caught a glimpse of it and I wasn't
> even sure I saw it until I saw Walker's reaction.  He was screaming
> laughing.  I think Eric has found a home.  Not only has he been
playing
> better, but he just seems to fit in so much better than Schinzius.  I
> would think Dwayne's got his bags packed.  I mean, when you get a
DNP-CD
> in a game like this, you're done.  When's Walter coming back?
>
> Another little gem was Walker handing the ball to Mercer for the jam
> after that amazing steal and pass by Pierce.  He was coming in from
the
> left side and Mercer from the right.  He just flipped Ron the ball a
> little below the foul line and sprinted back upcourt with his fists
in
> the air, before Ron even put the ball in.  You can not tell me that
> Antoine doesn't absolutely love to win basketball games.
>
> Ron Mercer looked much more comfortable than the last game I saw.
When
> he wasn't spraining his ankle, I mean.  He had a spin move that was
as
> quick as any I've ever seen, but didn't finish, and several big
dunks.
> I think that knee is just about healed.  The jumper seems a little
> erratic at the moment, but then he's probably been working more on
his
> mobility, because of the knee.
>
> Andrew DeClercq has vastly improved his offensive presence this
year.  I
> guess Pitino would say that now makes him outstanding!  He was only a
> jump shot away, right?  Anyway, it now looks like he can score
> occaisionally, even when there's a man guarding him.  He still looks
> really deliberate, like he's following an istructional video or
> something, but that's what it takes when you've got limited skills.
> And, he hasn't lost any of his aggression.
>
> One downer is Popeye Jones.  Tommy said he's been having some
> inflamation in that knee, and they're giving him medication for it.
The