Re: SG and PG Ideas??

When did Mercer and Pierce play for the Bulls?  Oh, you probably mean
Harper and Jordan.  Two problems.  Pierce isn't Michael Jordan and
Mercer couldn't dribble up the court three times in a row without having
the ball stolen.  As for the decisions he might make, should he be able
to get the ball over half court, I really have no idea, I can't remember
the last time he held the ball for more than 2 seconds.

Sorry to be so harsh, Tony, but this is a truly impossible idea.  Pierce
as a guard is certainly possible, although I believe ill advised
considering his rebounding and post defense abilities, but there is no
way, no how that Ron Mercer can play the point.

Jim

>From: Bos3332@aol.com
>Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 17:31:56 EST
>To: celtics@igtc.com
>Subject: SG and PG Ideas??
>
>How about Mercer at PG and Pierce at SG? Could it work like it did for
the
>Bulls? Then trade Anderson or Barros for a PF or C, with Walker at SF.
Just an