RE: Pitino is in a mood to trade

On Sunday, February 21, 1999 2:03 AM, skmishra
[SMTP:skmishra@sprintmail.com] wrote:
> The Herald is reporting that RP is in a mood to pull the trigger on a
trade.

> Here is the deals that I would do:
>
> Send one of Popeye or Barros + next years 1st round pick to the Clips for
> Lorenzen Wright
>
> The trade makes sense because Wright is demanding super star money to
sign
> an extension with  the Clips. The Clips clearly are not going to give him
> that money, which makes him an FA next season. Wright may not be having a
> stellar season but still is averaging 7+ rebounds in limited minutes.
>
> Release Garnet, Riley and Schintzius
>
> If we move Barros, sign KJ to replace him at the backup pg spot with the
1.7
> mill exemption.
>
> Sign Pollard as a backup center.
>
> The team after the above deals would thus be:
> Center: Wright, Battie, Pollard
> PF:       Walker, Battie <Popeye if he is not traded>
> SF:        Mercer, McCarty
> SG:       Mercer, Bowen, Minor
> PG:       KA, Barros otherwise KJ
>
> IL: Ellison
>
> What do you guys think? - Mishra
>
> I could live with this.  I also think now is the time to move Anderson
for Elden Campbell before he goes in a deal for Glen Rice.  Most everyone
agrees the Celtics are not going to land a big man through free agency or
the draft in years to come, and Anderson has definitely seen his best years
This move would help both teams.   Campbell could give us 15/10 and a
defensive threat in the middle. This would be especially good for the
Celtics as this years draft will be deep in points.  I could definitely see
us landing a Andre Miller, Mateen Cleaves, Ed Cota, Arthur Lee, Kareem
Reid, or Baron Davis.

I also would release Schintzius & Garnett and sign Pollard & Jeff Sheppard.