DON'T PANIC

OK guys, I've just read all your posts.  Something's wrong.  We don't have a
true, dominating center.  True.  Walker isn't acting like himself.  True.  I
think something's wrong with the chemistry, and this is a young team that's
playing very few home games in the beginning of the season.  Before Kenny,
Walker was hogging the ball and taking some dumb shots.  Maybe Pitino has to
convince Kenny to give Walker the ball more often, or Walker needs to be in
the right position to receive it.  I don't know, but I know the Bird teams
of the 80's often had a rough time with the West Coast trip, and before you
say it, I know they weren't on the left coast today.  I believe the problem
is with Pitino, not with the players. As many of you know, I was never sold
on him in the first place, but he's who they have, so it's up to him to make
the right adjustments.  Nobody expected this team to realistically be in the
playoffs this year, did they?  I didn't.

I believe things will improve, we'll see some changes in the lineup, in the
strategy, etc.  We have a good, young nucleous and it would be a disaster to
mess with that.  They'll get a high lottery pick if this does keep up (God
forbid) and perhaps can then trade that pick for someone we need.  I do
agree we need a good backup point guard - what about the CBA?  I don't know
who you get rid of, but Schintzius is definitely expendable.

Anyway, if Pitino does make a trade, and I hope he doesn't right away, it
will be nothing you guys dreamed up - it never is.  I know it's fun to
speculate, but it just doesn't happen that way 98% of the time.  We do know
he'll be working with his coaching staff and with the players to find out
what's ailing everyone.  They are not as bad as they've appeared lately,
that I do believe.

Dorine