Re: Pitino is in a mood to trade

-----Original Message-----
From: Mister Ghost <mister_ghost@yahoo.com>

>You really think the Celts will go for that deal?  I
>doubt it, although it would be nice to move Barros
>salary, but that's a lottery pick you're talking about.
>Those have value, you should be able to get something
>better for that choice than Wright.  Isn't he having a
>bad season?  And what is he?  Center or power forward

Wright is listed at 6'11", 262 lbs he is a better center than power forward.
It is possible that next years draft pick may be a lottery pick but I don't
see a center falling our way when we pick. The NBA GM's are not likely a
Paul Pierce like player to slide our way again.

>Maurice Taylor - Now you're talking - Bulk and athleticism
>- Perfect power forward in Pitino's system.  Mercer
>for Taylor, that's more of a likelihood, with Walker
>moving to the 3, and Pierce the new shooting guard.

I like Taylor but I doubt if the Clips will give him up for Mercer because
his contract doesn't come up for negotiation until next season.

>But, if Pitino makes a trade, it's his style
>to do something dramatic - one of those hellzapoppin
>multi-team, three superstars deals.  It wouldn't shock me
>if he dealt Walker and Mercer in a package to acquire a
>center and power forward, or something involving Kenny
>Anderson and one of the two Kentucky boyos.  Maybe
>he would even move Pierce... Toni Battie is also
>a possibility.  Pitino may be fattening him up for the
>proverbial kill. Anything is possible.
>Trading deadline is March 11.

If he breaks up the trio of potential superstars we have he will fall into
the category of Don Nelson. In addition very few teams have the talent to
give us something equal in return. Also teams  who have it don't go about
breaking thei nucleus because the coach can't tailor system around the
personel they have. - Mishra