Re: Scott Pollard

-----Original Message-----
From: Mister Ghost <mister_ghost@yahoo.com>

>I disagree.  It's not the system's fault, but the Celtic
>players manning the system.  In order for the press to be effective
>you need a point guard who can stop the opposing point guard from
>penetrating on a whim, something Kenny can't do.

Well! we don't have that point guard so what can we do? trade KA, given his
salary: it's not an easy thing to do plus what do we get in return. Nobody
is going to give us a great pg who can pass, shoot and defend.

> You need a shot-
>blocking center or a least a space-eater, who can be somewhat of a
>deterrent to easy hoops, which the C's don't have.

I thought Battie did a good job blocking shots yesterday but get that El
Busto label off he has to learn to rebound (Rebounding has little to do with
size, it 's about positioning and anticipation). As far as Schintzius is
concerned, he would fit the CBA better, Riley is not much better either. I
still belive that RP can aquire a reasonable center without trading Mercer,
Pierce or Walker away. The question is how long the center last in this
system.

>And a beefy, but mobile power forward who can block out offensive
>rebounders, something Antoine/McCarty/Battie are not.

Other than Karl Malone I don't see a PF who is beefy and mobile,

>Although Pitino may lessen the frequency of the press or even modify
>it somewhat, it ain't going anywhere... But there's going to be
>some players headed elsewhere, as Pitino seeks the missing
>parts to his system.

The last coach who tried that trick failed miserably his name Don Nelson.

>he trading deadline is
>March 11, and I really hope they move out Barros.  I say free up the
>cap space and try to pick up a mid to late first for him from
>from a contending team, that needs an outside shooter coming off the
>bench.

I don't mind Barros being traded away but who would take him?

>Try to get Popeye at least looking presentable, so that
>he's dealable by the deadline.  And someone please put Greg Minor to
>sleep.

I belive dallas was interested in Popeye before the season started maybe
they still are. Popeye for Gary Trent could be a worthwhile deal.

>While I don't see a mega-major deal happening between now and the
>trading deadline, the same thought does not carry toward draft time,
>when I expect another small forward/shooting guard to be drafted in
>the lottery -- Odom, Szczerbiak, Quincy Lewis, Shawn Marion, Jamel
>Thomas, Richard Hamilton, Jumaine Jones -- and Walker or Mercer
>moved for a center.
>MG

I doubt it. - Mishra