Pitino's System

In a message dated 2/20/99 1:09:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
skmishra@sprintmail.com writes:

<< I agree Paul, that's why I prefaced it with "I have almost given up on
 Pitino". However, the one hope is that, RP's desire to succeed may outweigh
 his love for the system he has devised. Riley altered his system from his
 showtime days, when he realized that he no longer had the personnel to run
 it, didn't he?
 Let's see what happens. - Mishra

I truly believe that Pitino is fully capable of coaching differently once he
has all the players he wants. The press will always be a weapon at his
disposal but it will likely become a 2nd unit thing. He is using it as a
learning tool and as a substitute for real defense because he just doesn't
have Payton or Blaylock at the point and Mutumbo or Dampier in the middle
(just to name a few players who's skill would lend to a better all round
defense).

We are all hitting the panic button when we are 3-4 with 5 of 7 games played
on the road. We should have been 4-3 if we beat Toronto in the opener as we
should have. We should still beat the Wizzers tomorrow and make the road trip
3-3. If we play .500 ball on the road we will be fine this year. I hate to
break it to you guys but we aren't winning the title this year.

George
(also frustrated but realizing hat Rome wasn't built in a day and they didn't
even have a lockout to foul things up)