Re: Celtic/Cox Cable Coverage

"Belanger,Roger" wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Just wondering, did anyone else experience any problems with the Celtics
> telecast on Cox Cable last night.
>
> I taped the game. It seems that, at the last time out, the Celtic broadcast
> ended abruptly and a Home Shopping telecast began. Did something go wrong
> with my VCR/Cable Box or was this a Cox screw up. I plan on calling to
> complain if it was their mistake. This probably only relates to those of us
> in Rhode Island. Thanks in advance for your response.
>
> Roger B.

The problem was with Cox. I've already called to inform them, but it
wouldn't hurt if they got other calls. The problem happened because the
game was from the West Coast. Rather than have a technician available to
stop the feed after the game ended, Cox had an automatic timer set for
three hours from the start of the pre-game show (10 p.m. EST).  At
exactly 1 a.m. EST, the telecast was cut off--right after Corliss
Williamson hit the decisive basket.

I knew right away what the problem was, because this happened once or
twice a few years back, when Boston's Ch. 25 carried the away games.
That was the same situation, where a special feed had to be established
because 25 was not on the R.I. cable system. When I called Cox today, I
politely informed them that not all b-ball games end in 2 1/2 hours. The
customer service rep apologized and said he would inform the programming
dept.
--
Mike Dynon
North Kingstown, RI