Shaq is the bomb!!

Thanks for your insightful comments Peter.  I will give Shaq every ounce of
credit coming to him if and when he wins the BIG prize, and I don't mean a
USA Basketball Mutual Admiration Society love fest.  I hate the Fakers with
a passion that probably needs some help, so of course I thrive on his and
his teams failure, but Shaq misses all the key components of being a true
"Champion"; he doesn't play at his ultimate best when it counts most, he is
not interested in improving his weaknesses, helping to possibly put himself
to the next level(at least Kobe knows what side his bread is buttered on,
and is recognized as a tireless practicer). It was reported on local radio
yesterday that Rodman will do ok in LA with Shaq because they will actually
allow him his requirement of not having to practice on non game days, LIKE
Shaq! Shaq doesn't practice in the summer, hell he apparently doesn't
practice on off days DURING the freaking season.  How can anyone defend this
unbelievable indifference regarding his leadership on this team.  If Antoine
approached this callous behavior we would be asking for his head, and maybe
that of Rick's for allowing his "Captain" to prove to the world what a Class
A jerk he is. As I noted yesterday, yes I would like him to wear green, but
only WITH a coach like RP to whip him into team shape, unlike the buffoons
who have kissed his butt since his high school days.  The key difference
herein is his lack of fortitude, ability and interest in being THE true
Captain and leader of his team, and forcing his teammates to get to the next
level like himself.  Players like Bird, Cowens, Hondo, Russ and Cousy, and
of course Magic, MJ, Mikan, Dr. J, Willis, Isiah, Hakeem, and to a degree
Wilt and West (who did win a title and therefore shook off the ultimate
loser title, which I have never tagged Wilt with, though he did come short
oh so many times against the green team).  It is laughable to hear Shaq
proclaim to the world that this was their year and NO ONE was going to beat
them on their home court.  Well 2 short weeks into this deal and they have
gotten whooped twice now, and believe you me they will get beat plenty by
the likes of Seattle, Portland, Phoenix and company at home and of course on
the road, where they are average at best.

Championships; not likely, Championship Leadership; HELL No.  Shaq has got
to grow up and show up at the end of games, every game.  Sorry to rant Peter
but, with Larry Bird as a model, 110% effort for team play is minimum
expectation I and all of us should have, and to recognize Shaq for his
abilities is one thing, but the guy is well on the way to being a 110% chump
in the arena of Professional basketball players.  A listing ship I neither
want to see corrected or expect to in this lifetime.

Back to something resembling work and reality,
Ode