Re: Centers?

In a message dated 2/10/99 5:48:58 PM Pacific Standard Time,
dforant1@nycap.rr.com writes:

> AD has All Star heart, and has to be a nightmare for opposing front court
>  men. He also has that blank look during the game, eerie and extremely
>  effective.
>
>  >Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 09:42:25 PST
>  >From: "Jim Meninno" <jim_meninno@hotmail.com>
>  >Subject: Re: Centers?
>  >
>  >Like I said, you can't judge Andrew's performance from the box score.

The announcers for the game on TV seemed to agree with that too.  They were
impressed enough to comment on what a good game Drew was playing (stats
aside).

Also, to whom ever wondered why Riley didn't get more minutes - may have been
partly foul trouble. But Riley is the only center playing for the Celts at the
moment that actually looks big enough to be a center (Shintzius excepted as
he's not playing now).  And besides blocking shots and getting rebounds, he
had a nice semi-hook shot that went in earlier in the game.  If he turns out
to have an offense, he may be a real find.  Even as he plays now, he really
upgrades the center position to the point where, on a given night, it may not
actually be awful ;-)

Hank M.