Whatta win!!!!!!!!!!

1.  Pierce is the best rookie since Bird and you can keep on saying that all
night.  He took over the game in the 4th qtr.  Yes Walker had a great game
too but Pierce was simply awesome.  He's got more game than I ever imagined.
What is this guy going to be like when he's more seasoned??

2.  Walker wanted the rock in clutch time, too, and he came up huge tonight.
Just hit them free throws, Shaq Jr. !

3.  Celtics are still a wee bit too turnover-happy for my taste, and they
also need to work on finishing more (well, they finished a lot better down
the stretch!).  By this I mean blown layups and such.  Anderson and Walker
in particular were taking it to the hole early, and many of them were blown
layups.

4.  Can you believe Mourning was NFF tonight?  Same for Hardaway, except at
the FT line.  Majerle looked anything but the Phoenix bombardier I've known
him to be.  Heat were playing their 3rd straight game and looked it.

5.  I believe that last night Orlando just took it to us and there is no
cause for concern, and in the first two games we just gagged and barfed in
early season muck.  A few weeks from now, you'll see a more cohesive and
efficient Celtic squad, on both sides of the ball.

6.  Good move by Pitino by keeping the Celtics in FLA for a few days.  Rest,
relaxation, and double sessions.  Just keep the partying under control,
guys!

7.  If Miami bitches about "no Mashburn", hey, we had no Mercer and McCarty.
When those two get cooking, hoo boy.

I will TRY and write an article tonight as the weekend got off track a bit.

Bob George

Read Bob George's Best Of Boston Sports At
http://www.bobgeorge.com