RE: The Boston Celtics Mailing List Digest V6 #62

>>>To compare Spreewell to McCarty is quite a stretch since he is a very
solid defender and has consistently put up 20 per game <<<
I've watched him now through 4 games, certainly not enough to pass final
judgement, but:
1)	He is not a consistent shooter.  He can get hot and he can throw
complete garbage, including airballs and shots that are no more than
prayers.  Overall, I'd say his shot selection was terrible and extremely
ill-advised, given the other players he has on the floor.  20 points and
a .43 shooting average means he's throwing up about 23 shots a game.
Let's see if Walter can't score 20 with that many opportunities.  The
point is he was the best player on a bad team which has a tendency to
pump up one's numbers.
2)	He is an undisciplined defender.  Yes, I've seen him bounce
around and make quick moves to make some impressive defensive plays.
But fundamentally, I've seen his man get by him time and time again.
This also seems like Walter, if you ask me.
>>>We may be closer to passing by the Knicks than anyone thinks.<<<
Unless I'm mistaken, they're already in the rear view mirror.  Now all
we have to do is keep them there.

Dan