RE: Top Ten Reasons Why Walker or Mercer Should Be Traded For A Center

I would keep Walker, but Mercer is definitely expendable IMO.  Watching Ron
& Kobe Bryant play I don't see how people can say Ron is great and Kobe
overrated. Bryant is what 20-21 and has everything it takes. he shut down
Pippen on opening night and scorched him for 25.  Mercer has not shown he
can score form the outside, and until he can he will always be a liability.
 I would love to see us land Elton Brand but chances are pretty slim unless
we move some one for a high draft pick.  I still think Mercer for Lorenzen
Wright would be a good move, as the Clippers have a lot of 4's & 5's on
their roster.  I think Wright would sign for considerably less then the $10
M he was quoted at.  I don't think the market is there for him yet. Wee
seriously need a an outside scoring threat to open up the inside for Pierce
& Walker, and even Battie maybe more than anything.

n Saturday, February 06, 1999 6:51 AM, Mister Ghost