THE WIN

No, it was not a great game.  It was a gutsy game and we won it, which is
what counts.  Pierce is the real deal - what a rookie.  We really lucked out
there.  Riley did a very good job for being out of shape and all.  What more
can you say about Bowen?  Pitino calls him our best defender, and you can
take that to the bank.  I have missed seeing him play, he was out so long at
the end of last year.  He's a joy to watch - they just can't shake him.  I
was a little upset with Anderson - he kept losing the dribble.  He needs
conditioning, that's for certain, I didn't think he looked as good as he did
in the first part of last night's game, but we all know what he can do, so
he just had a bad night.  Barros didn't have a great night, either, in any
respect that I could see.

So far I'm impressed with the changes in Antoine.  He seems to be playing
within the team, not trying to do everything and take every shot. He seems
genuinly to admire the rookie, Pierce - looks like one of his greatest fans.
Also, there's no showing off and he seems to be respectful of the
officials - when he questions anything he does just that - if he keeps this
up I might learn to like him rather than just appreciate his talents.

This was a good win against a team that also lost last night, and needed a
win as much as the Celtics did.  The last half was very entertaining and
very close - it was one of those down to the wire games, and though it
wasn't pretty, the last half was one you couldn't bear to miss a minute of.

Dorine