Pre-game thoughts

I'm a little bummed since I had thought I would see the first game,
but I have a few opinions to air.  I would be surprised to see Dana
dealt since he provides some maturity and long range firepower;
Garnett is untested, to say the least.  Also, I like our front line,
especially as compared to last season.  Jones and DeClerq should be
consistent and Battie/Schintzius could develop into one good
player/one good stiff.  I don't see #5 as a glaring weakness anymore.
In fact, I would look to draft a point if a good one were there.
Speed.

Interesting discussion on the draft.  This looks to be a weak draft,
as far as NBA starters go.  Or maybe I'm out of touch.  Still, if we
draft 14th or lower, it wouldn't be expensive and we could lock up a
good role player.  I really think this group could win a title; I
don't expect it to, however, since a few changes at center will
probably come first.  But I think the talent is there and the center
by committee is there.  Other teams may have bigger name talent, but I
don't respect their ability to focus it.  Utah and Indiana are old and
fragile.  New York and the Lakers have leadership problems and are
attitude challenged.  I think Miami is the best bet for an emerging
power opposite the Celts--2000 -2004 time period.

Good luck tonight, guys.  I expect us to be 2-0 by Monday.  With all
that's happened since July, these guys must be pumped up about getting
it on.

Gene  (wearing my green this weekend)